Friday, March 17, 2017

661 Sesame Alley (Off Sesame Street)



Meet your friends from Sesame Alley!
Jim Henson–that’s where it all started for me. Even the classic Disney animators thought he was a genius. My first drawings are of Sesame Street and Muppet characters, my first toy was the Fisher Price Sesame Street Clubhouse. Jim Henson could breathe life into any inanimate object: toasters, fruit, street lights, news desks. His designs weren’t just tasteful and appealing, they often seemed to hold an almost philosophical weight: the stern, vertical Bert versus the horizontal, carefree Ernie; the contemplative, melancholic Kermit and the world-wise Uncle Travelling Matt. He dedicated himself to creativity, quality, and never produced shoddy work. This video is my tribute to him. So salute, Jim Henson.
I almost called this video “Sesame Seedy Street” until I thought better of it. As it says though, Sesame Alley is just off Sesame Street–it leads to Spore Place, via Muesli Square. Come visit when you're in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment